We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Employee Relations Advisor to join our HR team on a 12 month fixed term contract, reporting to the Employee Relations and Policy Specialist. The role can be based at either our Hatfield site or our dairy in Aylesbury and will support the UK Logistics operation. As Employee Relations Advisor you will provide a high quality ER advisory service to stakeholders, helping to ensure a fair and consistent approach to the organisation’s policies and procedures, thus promoting a positive ER culture within the business, whilst minimising risks.
Some of your key responsibilities in the role will include:
• Providing technical and operational ER advice and drafting/reviewing supporting documents
• Project management of ER cases, including disciplinary, grievance, capability, long term sickness, attendance management and flexible working
• Case and data analysis; identifying trends including areas for development and training
• Implementing efficiencies and improvements to ER processes and ensuring policies and documentation are up to date
• Effectively coaching leaders, providing guidance and delivering relevant ER training
• Collaborating with leaders to work with and harness local and regional trade union relationships
• Attending meetings as note-taker / HR support
• Supporting on ad hoc ER projects as required
The successful candidate will have excellent knowledge of employment law and best practice. Typically you will have previous experience within an ER or HR advisor role but may also come from an employment law background. With experience of case management and working with trade unions, you will have a collaborative working style and good interpersonal, influencing and coaching skills. You will have excellent written skills and will be able to produce clear documentation as required. The ability to apply and interpret policies and procedures effectively will be critical, along with your ability to effectively prioritise and manage your own workload. CIPD qualification is desirable but not essential. Experience of communicating with and supporting colleagues where English is not the first language would be welcomed (but is not essential).
The closing date for this role is 19th December.
Please apply via this LINK