Are you ready to shape the culture of a truly global organisation? If so, apply for the position of Director of Strategic Risk Management at Arla.
The Director SRM is a leadership role that works across our portfolio of businesses, countries and functions to ensure that emerging, strategic and operational risk are identified, understood, and appropriately mitigated, thereby allowing us to pursue our objectives more forcefully and with less regrets.
Reporting to the Vice President Finance responsible for accounting, tax, compliance, program office and risk, you will be instrumental in creating and leading an enterprise-wide risk approach based on a nascent framework launched in 2017: Design, implementation, continuous improvement and maintenance of the framework and execution of associated risk management activities. The position performs highly advanced, complex, senior-level work providing direction and guidance relating to all type of risks relating to all and any aspect of the business.
You will partner broadly across the business on various initiatives and to influence behaviour and drive change by creating a culture of risk awareness and appropriate risk aversion in line with the Executive Management Team’s and Board of Directors’ risk appetite.
- You will lead the risk dialogue with EMT members, their business management teams and beyond. You will support, structure and challenge as needed to identify and evaluate risks and existing and planned mitigation.
- You will ensure that SRM is ingrained in how we do business by embedding SRM in the business planning process, business review meetings and other key decision-making forums.
- You will collaborate internally and externally to understand and bring to attention emerging risks/trends deliver viable input to mitigate the same.
- You will effectively communicate the risk landscape to the EMT and Board of Directors and in corporation with key stakeholders select the areas that should be given extra focus.
- You will furthermore act as an advisor to risk champions to create and execute strategies to optimize our risk position, and to project manage key cross-functional risk mitigation initiatives.
Strong leader with experience managing senior stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will have experience from a similar role within an FMCG in a large and international business environment, have the ability to quickly understand the operating, strategic and emerging environment of stakeholders, and the ability to own and create processes and structures in a new area with global reach.
On a personal level, you must be self-driven, open-minded and outgoing, with the drive and ability to define the agenda for your own area of responsibility in cooperation with senior stakeholders. You have a strong personal authority, and your ability to show initiative and be forward thinking is excellent. You will have experience of working with senior management, getting onto the agenda of the business and in showing and delivering value. Other qualifications include strong communication and presentation skills as well as proficiency in written and spoken English.
Help improve the everyday life of millions
To us, it's not just about making dairy products. It's about providing the ingredients vital to everyday
life. Please apply no later than 22 September 2017. We will attend to the applications and invite for
interview on an ongoing basis. For additional information, please call Alastair Campbell on +45 91 31 11 69. This role is based in Aarhus, Denmark.
Please apply via this LINK