Join our Despatch team as an Operative at our Stourton dairy site, and you’ll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
About the job
As a Stourton Despatch Operative you will be part of a high-performance team both delivering and supporting other functions to meet challenging team and personal goals. Completing all cold store functions including order picking, physical inventory, loading and Unloading vehicles, house-keeping duties, EWM & Voice picking.
- Working with state of the art technology, such as our EWM voice picking, you will ensure full completion of daily targets whilst maintaining strict food hygiene and Health & Safety standards within the department.
- Operating End of Line Palletisers and schedule workload to ensure efficient pallet supply across the Dairy and to our customers.
- You will always be responsible to recharge or replace FLT battery ensuring availability for operation.
- You will monitor equipment performance and correct/raise issues before they become problems and perform basic maintenance tasks and fault diagnosis (OAC)
Previous experience of working in a warehousing or cold store environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided. You must be a strong communicator, who is able to prioritize tasks in a timely and organized manner and contribute to regular department meetings.
Who are you?
- A motivated team player, who can work on their own initiative and knows about supply chain processes and sticking to health and safety rules.
- Previous experience of working in a warehousing or cold store environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.
- You must be a strong communicator, who is able to prioritize tasks in a timely and organized manner and contribute to regular department meetings.
- You’ll be a strong performer with a good attendance record and a willingness to learn further skills.
Many of our Team Leaders and Managers started as Operatives so this is a great opportunity to grow your career with a global business.
You will be contracted to a Maximum of 48 hours per week and shifts will include a mixture of days, nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
Application and contact
If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply via the link below. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact despatch team leader, Stuart Brown at 07970123733. We kindly ask you to apply no later than 30th November 2019.
Please apply via this LINK