Join our Despatch team as an Operative at our Aylesbury dairy and you’ll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
About the job
As a Despatch Operative you will be part of a high-performance team both delivering and supporting other functions to meet challenging team and personal goals. Completing all cold store functions including order picking, physical inventory, loading and house-keeping duties.
- Working with state of art technology, such as our Automated Guided Vehicles, you will ensure full completion of daily targets whilst maintaining strict food hygiene and Health & Safety standards within the department
- You will monitor equipment performance and correct/raise issues before they become problems and perform basic maintenance tasks and fault diagnosis
- Operating End of Line Palletisers and schedule workload to ensure efficient pallet supply across the Dairy
- You will always be responsible to recharge or replace FLT battery ensuring availability for operation
Who are you?
A motivated team player, who can work on their own initiative and knows about supply chain processes and sticking to health and safety rules
- Previous experience of working in a warehousing or cold store environment is desirable but not essential as full training will be provided
- You must be a strong communicator, who is able to prioritise tasks in a timely and organised manner and contribute to regular department meetings
- You’ll be a strong performer with a good attendance record and a willingness to learn further skills
Many of our Team Leaders and Managers started as Operatives so this is a great opportunity to grow your career with a global business.
A free shuttle bus is available in the local area for collection/drop off at shift start and end times. You will be contracted to 40 hours per week and shifts will include a mixture of days, nights and weekends on a rotating basis.
Application and contact
If this position sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply via the link below. If you have any questions, you are welcome to contact Despatch team leader, Alex Hare at email@example.com.
Please apply via this link.