At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We have an opportunity for a full time Despatch Fork Lift Truck (FLT) Operative to join the Logistics Department based at our Taw Valley Creamery, Devon. Reporting to the Team Leader, the role will involve working on a day shift rota working 4 days on, 4 days off.
- Responsibilities include fork lift driving of semi-finished goods (counter balance and reach trucks), loading of vehicles, unloading packaging and pallet deliveries to site, filling in documentation in relation to transport movements. Maintaining strict food hygiene and health and safety standards within the department.
- Manual handling of cheese blocks for resealing and undertaking stock counts of semi finished goods and packaging, Giving input to continuous improvements to support our LEAN focused business.
- A background in a similar industry is preferred with previous experience of driving FLT, but not essential
- Clean driving license
- Good verbal, numerical and written communications skills
- Good computer skills and strong organisational skills.
Please apply here as soon as possible but no later than 26th June. In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion.