Do you have what it takes to make an impact on our recently formed digital storytelling team and create engaging news feature stories for a mainstream audience?
As one of the biggest dairy companies in the world, Arla Foods communicates on a daily basis with consumers, colleagues, farmers, political stakeholders and journalists around the world.
For a company like Arla who wants to set a proactive agenda, the need for creative, compelling storytelling has never been greater as we compete for a share of voice in today’s crowded public news cycle to make an impact with our audiences on their terms; through their on-the-go digital channels of choice.
Exploring a fresh and more playful approach to digital storytelling, Arla recently established its own in-house storytelling hub, the News Desk, which is tasked with finding, building and telling agenda-setting stories in a way that resonates with digital news consumers.
The stories range from climate-friendly farming and sustainable food production in a world heading towards 10 billion people in 2050 to dairy development projects in Nigeria and business updates from Arla’s frontline markets in China, Southeast Asia, the Middle East, West Africa, and the U.S.
About the job
By joining Arla’s News Desk, you will become part of the Corporate Communication function based at our global headquarters in Aarhus, Denmark. Here, you will be part of a dynamic, international department of 14 communication specialists.
The News Desk team consists of 5 editorial colleagues all dedicated to bringing Arla’s stories to employees, farmers, consumers and other external stakeholders via social media, news media and our own media. As an editorial team, we work together to create a cohesive narrative and ensure that we bring the right communication to the right target groups in relevant ways.
With a focus on the agenda of the Arla® brand and our communication strategy, you will:
- Create stories and strategic corporate communication content for digital platforms
- Lead and execute communication projects in collaboration with your News Desk colleagues, press offices and market communication colleagues in Europe
- Cultivate a strong network across Arla to explore strategic communication needs and opportunities and ensure efficient distribution of stories globally
- Actively contribute to the ongoing development and direction of Arla News Desk
- Apply and assess user analytics insights on an ongoing basis to improve the impact of storytelling
Who are you?
Networking and collaboration are key to getting your hands on the right intel and to get your work out into the world. It is therefore vital that you are a true self-starter and people person, driving you to reach out and build professional relations where communication flows freely and comfortably. You are confident with driving your own projects and making your own decisions based on data-driven insights – and a bit of professional gut feeling.
- Have experience with creative storytelling, journalistic angling and editing, gained through at least 2 years of experience as a journalist, copywriter, content manager/creator or similar
- Have experience with planning, executing and evaluating content and campaigns for social media, in particular Twitter and LinkedIn – experience with photography and video production is an advantage
- Hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree in journalism, communication, media management or similar
- Can bring a portfolio of work that demonstrates your ability to spot unique angles to stories and develop compelling narratives for campaigns
- Speak and write fluent English as you will create content exclusively in English – communication abilities in Danish, Swedish and German are a plus
What do we offer?
The communication strategy of our News Desk, and Arla as a whole, is undergoing some exciting changes. With a spot at the centre of creative corporate communication, you will be able to make your mark on it as you help set the strategic direction and agenda through recommendations and innovative ideas.
With Arla being truly global, you will also get the opportunity to grow a wide international network with narrative and messaging specialists, our press offices and many other communication specialists – and possibly also travel in connection with certain projects. You will have the opportunity to work with senior management and colleagues from around the world.
Application and contact
We process applications on a continuous basis and close the job opening once the right candidate has been found.
For additional information, please call Director of Corporate Communication Theis Brøgger on week days between 10:00-12:00 on +45 40 33 10 47.
Please apply via this link.