Are you a strategic communications professional with a passion for the farming and food industry? Do you want to lead and manage the development and execution of the Corporate Communications Strategies, Plans and Teams for your Arla Foods Market? Then this could be an exciting and unique opportunity for you!
About the job
As a cooperative, Arla has a unique and relatively rare owner structure. Parallel with being the owners of Arla, over 11,200 farmers in 7 countries are at the same time suppliers of raw milk, being the foundation for Arla’s many well-known products. As Director of Communications, you will report to the Senior Vice President for Corporate Communications and lead a team of two, based at our headquarters in Stockholm. You will be a member of the Swedish Leadership Team as well as the Corporate Communications Leadership team.
This is a position that will require daily collaboration and provide expertise to key stakeholders internally. Areas of responsibility include:
- Management of the national budgets allocated to the team
- Ensuring effective management of work flow and communication from the market to the global teams e.g. Arla News Desk, Global Owners Communications, Global Press Office
- Principal communications advisor to Market Head
- Close collaboration with Global functional leads in Corporate Communications and Country Communications Directors
- Lead local market responsibilities including PR, Consumer Dialogue, Events Management, Owner Communications, Crisis Management etc.
Who are you?
Our successful candidate will be an experienced communications leader with a passion and understanding for the farming and food industry. An empathetic and understanding approach to the challenges our farmers face is key, as you are responsible for bridging the gap between management and our owners. To be successful in this role we believe that you have/are:
- Broad knowledge and operational experience of: Reputation Management, Issues Management, Crisis Management, Media Relations, Public Affairs, Internal Communications, PR etc.
- Confident leader who is focused on supporting and developing people
- Open and honest communicator
- Confident with data and insights driven decision making
- First class written and oral communication skills in Swedish and English
As a strong people leader, you will lead your team and ensure that a consistent, yet relevant message is delivered. You will be confident communicating at senior levels with experience from an organization that requires political and international understanding. You will have a passion for developing innovative communication strategies and knowledge of digital platforms is a clear advantage.
What do we offer?
The position offers an exciting and challenging work day with excellent opportunities for personal development. Our positive and collaborative culture will bring out the best in you. And you’ll join a market leader who produces nutritious household-favorite brands in a way that make things better for our customers, consumers and the farmers who own us.
Please apply via the link no later than 2019-02-05.
For additional information about the position, please contact Nick Hindle, Senior Vice President Corporate Communications on +45 91 31 18 25.