Are you a passionate and strategic category and shopper expert with a keen eye for developing excellence in category execution plans?
Do you want to be part of a growing team that will be leading the direction around how to unlock category and commercial growth?
Do you thrive with high levels of autonomy and have a hunger for delivering commercial results from thorough category and shopper understanding?
We’re looking to recruit a Category Development Manager to join us at our head office in Leeds on a 12 month fixed term contract. In this role you will report into the Commercial Category Development Controller and will be responsible for developing retail exaction plans taking the category strategies as a start point. This will go hand in hand with being the expert at a channel level and creating category channel plans that identify specifically how to win in each channel across Dairy.
You will be the expert in your aligned categories and channels, and will have a deep and thorough understanding of Arla’s performance in those areas highlighting clear growth opportunities that can be commercialised. Innovation is also an area that you will support through robust category rationales and post launch analysis. Working across the commercial development team, you will be a strong networker and influencer with a focus on results and execution through your commercialised category and shopper insights.
Some of your key responsibilities in this role will include:
- Defining the Arla Category Strategy across each channel – where to win and how to play
- Being the Dairy expert aligned by channel – providing insights, growth opportunities, and performance insights at a channel level highlighting strategic growth opportunities and implementing plans to address
- Taking the category strategies, developing retail execution plans identifying specifically how to grow the categories across each of the 4 P’s - and creating a standard toolkit to be tailored by each customer category manager
- Identifying range gaps – either distribution opportunities or pack size gaps that we need by channel
- Identifying range risks to Arla where sku’s are underperforming by channel/category
- Leading key business projects e.g., Destination Fresh, Fixture of the Future etc.
- Tracking long term category and business performance vs long term growth plans
- Providing monthly holistic external insights, trends and performance KPI’s (Shopper & Channel)
- Creating clear growth driving range/portfolio/fixture/space plans/promo plans by channel grounded in shopper insight
- Creating bullet proof category rationale’s for selective innovation
- Providing robust post launch analysis for innovations
- Acting as a business partner to the brand and sales teams as well as the wider category teams
To be successful in this role you will have experience in category management and commercial roles within FMCG with extensive experience of strategy development and deployment in retailers with demonstrable results. You will be fully conversant in all data sets including Kantar, Nielsen, IRI, I2C and DH and will be able to find solutions to complex category problems. Naturally curious, you will have a genuine passion for understanding the shopper and using this understanding to drive a competitive advantage. You will also be commercially astute and have a full appreciation of retailer and business commercial challenges. You embrace change, adapt quickly to business needs and are comfortable dealing with ambiguity. Finally you will be a trusted team player that inspires confidence and builds strong relationships with key stakeholders.
The closing date for this role is 3rd of February.
Application & contact
Please apply via this link