At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We currently have an exciting opportunity at our Aylesbury Dairy for a Building Maintenance Engineer. Reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, you will be responsible for effectively maintaining the existing high standards of site facilities. You must develop relationships with key departments to deliver environmental stability and continuous improvement.
Some of your key responsibilities will include:
• Carryout small to medium site repairs, including: Internal painting and wall repairs, fire door / security door maintenance and repair, external yard works etc..
• Carry out and coordinate work site wide including operations support, hanging notice boards, TVs, Lean 5S etc...
• Ensure Permit To Work compliance and enforce all site H&S rules
• Ensure Quality & Hygiene procedures are adhered to and all work undertaken conforms with them
• To complete all predictive, preventative and corrective maintenance work orders as detailed in the departmental work load plan generated, in partnership, by the Engineering Planner
• Recommend amendments to the installation maintenance plan in light of maintenance and inspection history
• Develop and implement improvement plans in terms of buildings and facilities
• Develop an atmosphere of change that will positively contribute towards the advancement of all functions relating to the manufacturing operation embracing the Lean culture
• Accountability for withdrawing stock from engineering stores in line with the SAP procedures
• Carry out condition based inspections of buildings and facilities in line with a coordinated PM plan
• Ensure action completions to given timescales
• Maintain changes to technical library
• Manage and provide technical support to local & capital projects
We are looking for someone who has a number of years experience in building facilities management. You must have good communication skills (verbal and written) and the ability to build relationships with internal stakeholders.
Additional skills and behaviours include:
• Health & safety experience and qualification
• Electrical qualification (preferred)
• Works with pace and urgency
• Strives to continually improve
• Delivers on committments
• Deals positively with setbacks
• Analyses complex issues
• Makes realistic and effective plans
On offer is a competitive basic salary and the opportunity to develop your career with one of the worlds leading dairies
To apply please click here