Join us as an Automation Team Leader at our Lockerbie Dairy, and you’ll contribute to making food that is loved by millions.
As Automation Team Leader, you will be responsible for overseeing a team of automation engineers, working together to create efficient, quality- focussed process. You will represent the automation team within the site, working with other senior stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment and ensuring that production optimisation and delivery.
Within this role you will:
- Oversee the proactive monitoring of site systems
- Lead a team of Automation Engineers, taking responsibility for professional development and proactive management
- Ensure that you and your team conduct regular preventive maintenance, and troubleshooting
- Lead on local production IT related projects (e.g. PLC, HMI and SCADA)
- Ensure the clear and consistent documentation of production IT at the site safety systems, access-control, CCTV MES configuration interfaces e.g. OEE Support Production, Process and PTD teams in delivering CI initiatives
- Provide technical support to local & capital projects
- Create, implement and conduct projects where necessary, utilising Arla project tools
- Conduct RCA investigations in to plant issues and component failures and ensure that your team implement corrective actions
Who are we looking for?
- An improvement- focussed individual who enjoys working in a fast- moving, innovative culture
- An experienced automation engineer
- Someone with leadership or mentoring experience, or with a natural aptitude for the latter with a hunger to develop in to a leadership role
- Someone with experience in a compliance- heavy industry such as food, pharmaceutical or chemical production
- Someone who applies LEAN principles to everything they do
- Someone with knowledge of PLC programming
If this sounds of interest, then please apply below. If you have any questions, please get in touch with Daisy Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org or 07817949277.
At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for, and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world.
There are 4,000 UK employees, and 19,000 global employees at the heart of Arla. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
Please apply via this link.