At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We currently have a Site Director opportunity based at our Taw Valley site in Devon. The site employs around 120 people, operating 24 hours per day, approximately 355 days/yr and produces award winning Cheese, Whey, Cream, Butter, WPC and Powder.
The role will report to the Vice President for Cheese and will be the Site Leader responsible for leading the management team in developing and implementing the site business plan and contributing to the delivery of Arla Foods business goals.
Key responsibilities involve improving efficiencies through continuous improvement and enhanced performance in line with the company's strategy and key performance indicators. The individual will have full accountability for the site P&L and will follow a pro-active industrial and employee relations agenda. The ability to develop people, identify talent and succession plan will be fundamental.
The main responsibilities for this role are:
- Lead, coach, manage and develop the site management team and progress talent
- Communicate and deliver business goals through the site management team
- Develop and manage site budgets
- Lead and drive change using a structured approach
- Ensure compliance with company, customer and legal standards
- Participate in developing supply chain business plans
- Develop site business plan and prioritise goals and activities
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Develop the site CAPEX proposal with demonstrated ROI analysis.
Suitable applicants will ideally be degree qualified with proven experience gained as a successful manufacturing Operations Director or equivalent. The successful candidate will have proven experience in managing people and change within an FMCG environment and will have the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. A background in Dairy or fast paced Food manufacturing is essential.
The closing date for this role is 30th September. Please contact Louise Powell, Senior Talent Acquisition Consultant for further information by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply, click here