At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently looking to recruit a New Product Development (NPD) Manager to join us at our head office in Leeds on a fixed term contract. In this role you will cover a period of maternity leave focussing on fermented products, namely but not limited to yogurt product development. The role will report to the Senior Product Development Manager.
In this role you will be a senior specialist within Product Development and will deliver high-prolife projects with direct impact on functional (Innovation) success. In addition, you will challenge processes and practices and identify opportunities for Continuous Improvement. Some of your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing optimal organization innovation/R&D processes, improving overall performance through continuous improvement & troubleshooting.
- Facilitating the development of an innovative and creative culture characterized by an open-minded approach to idea generation and knowledge sharing.
- Providing strong leadership, ensuring successful networks, knowledge transfer & cooperation with internal and external stakeholders at a global level.
- Participating in customer-related groups, e.g. product teams, plant meetings, sales, marketing and application related group meetings.
- Ensuring high professional standards and delivery against well-defined business targets through programs, projects and tasks, acting as guardian for technical integrity of your specialist product area.
- Maintaining company quality standards, ensuring compliance with Arla Foods’ standards as well as local standards, policies, safety requirements and applicable laws.
- Initiating, managing and participating in NPD, research and technology projects via compliance to established ways of working.
- Acting as a knowledge expert, tracking scientific and technological developments and converting the findings into business opportunities for Arla.
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor or Masters level degree within food science or a related discipline. You will also have significant experience of working in a dairy product development role at a managerial level. You will enjoy working in a team and have excellent communication skills.
The closing date for this role is 3rd October. To apply, click here