At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthy taste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are now recruiting for a Maintenance/Engineering Technician to join our site based in Trevarrian, which produces a range of award winning soft white cheese. The successful candidates hours of work will normally be 39 hours per week, over 7 days a week, reporting into the Engineering Manager, and will be a key member of the team responsible for ensuring that the daily production plan and maximum plant performance is achieved.
· Conduct and improve preventative maintenance of line equipment
· Conduct corrective maintenance in case of site equipment failure and breakdown
· Order of relevant spare parts and materials as required
· Communicate effectively on status of lines and equipment
· Update plant maintenance records complying with all department procedures
· Utilise CMMS systems and reports
· Carry out conditional appraisals
· Carry out root cause analysis with production teams
· Support the rollout of best practice maintenance management
· Completes root cause analysis with relevant teams
· Coach and / or mentor colleagues, embracing shared knowledge to develop skills and strengthen the team
· Embrace Lean ways of working
We would welcome applications from candidates who have served a recognised electrical apprenticeship and have experience in 415V 3 phase maintenance and installation, preferably holding 17th Edition IEE Wiring Regulations certification.
You will be multi-skilled in both electrical and mechanical principles, preferably with a previous background of maintaining equipment within a manufacturing environment. Experience with Inverters, PLCs & Pneumatics would be an advantage although this is not essential. A HNC (or equivalent) in electrical\mechanical principles is desirable.
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work with a market leading company that encourages internal promotion.
Application and Contact
The closing date for this role is 11th December 2016. To apply, click here