Would you like to drive the implementation of green utility solutions across our dairy plants all over Europe? Here, you get to set the direction and drive the strategic utility agenda including the entire waste water and bio gas circulation of our dairy plants.
This dynamic and hands-on position will let you work with all levels of the Arla Foods organisation as you lead and support projects in close collaboration with both senior management and on-site plant operators.
You get to visit and drive utility projects at dairy plants as you ensure a sustainable supply chain throughout. And as you build an extensive insight into our utilities processes, you take on a central role in developing the utility strategy throughout Arla Foods.
Learn more about our waste water projects in this video created in collaboration with Grundfos.
Drive on-site projects and develop the utility strategy
Your job is to identify, develop and share best practices within the utility area across our European dairy plants. You identify and realise continuous improvement projects across sites and implement new technology to help improve sustainability, efficiency and drive strategic cost saving initiatives through the use of benchmarking. Further, you offer advanced support to sites regarding the way of working and the use of technology and equipment. Your background also includes:
- Detailed knowledge of energy solutions (heat pumps, combined heat and power, effluent plants)
- Familiarity with legal requirements and ensuring they are met. Both global, but also from a Danish perspective
- Proven success in waste water reduction
- Driving the standardisation agenda where relevant
- Complete project management responsibility including planning, driving and evaluation
- Planning, leading and facilitating capability training and workshops
As you go, you help create a utility vision throughout the organisation. This includes mutual knowledge sharing, strategy development and choice of direction in agreement with the head office.
In total, you can expect to travel up to 30 per cent of your time. Projects will last up to 2-3 weeks but you have the opportunity to go home during weekends.
Do you have experience in stakeholder and project management?
You hold at least 5+ years of experience in working in a similar position including working with international stakeholders. You probably hold a master’s degree in engineering or similar. Through your previous experience, you have come to appreciate the importance of timely planning and organising. You have built an ability to assess and handle complex issues with large amounts of input. It is an advantage, if you have knowledge of implementing a continuous improvement culture and of utilising Lean tools. We expect you to:
- Have good stakeholder management skills and a talent for building relations
- Be a self-starter who likes working individually on a mix of defined and ad-hoc tasks
- Have strong IT skills, particularly in Excel and PowerPoint
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
Send your application
Please apply via this link as soon as possible. We will continuously invite candidates for further process and will get back to you once we have reviewed your application thoroughly. For additional information, please call Ulf Jansen at +49 151 1419 2732.