At Arla, we do so much more than make some of the world’s favourite dairy products. We make healthytaste delicious, mornings worth getting up for and family dinners unforgettable. Cravendale®, Anchor®, Lurpak® and Tickler® – names like these make us a vital, natural part of modern life in over 100 countries around the world. We are 4,000 UK and 19,000 global employees at the heart of it. Every single one of us plays an important role and together we build on our 10bn Euros turnover and establish our position as one of the largest dairy companies in the world.
We are currently looking to recruit a Claims Manager to provide the provision of an efficient and effective insurance claims service. This role is based from our Head office in Leeds however there will be regular travel required to all sites across the business.
Ensuring that all claim related matters are managed within the timescales imposed by statute and all monies due to the organisation arising from material loss are maximised and recovered without undue delay, you will provide a specialist advice and support service for all insurance claims related matters, including the organisation’s risk management process, ensuring that all departments are aware of the insurance implications of their activities.
Further responsibilities in this role will include:-
- Taking responsibility for the administration of all insurance claims and associated queries. This will involve considerable contact with insurers, loss adjusters, solicitors, brokers, claimants or their representatives and relevant internal operational teams, providing reports and advice to senior management where necessary.
- Negotiating the settlement of all the organisation’s material loss claims including theft, major fires and fidelity guarantee, with reference to the Group Risk Manager and Vice President for Finance.
- Maintaining and developing computerised claims/loss recording system and developing information with particular regard to allowing proper risk analysis to be undertaken.
- The provision of professional advice to members, senior management and functions of the organisation on all aspects of insurance.
- In conjunction with Group Risk Manager, attending meetings and seminars relating to insurance, and alerting senior management to developments in the field of insurance, in particular its relation to Arla Foods.
- Assisting with the development of the organisation’s risk management process, promoting the awareness of the importance and benefits through active claims management.
- Liaising internally across the Arla Business. External liaison with service providers including claims advisors, loss adjusters and investigators, implementing and maintaining claims management processes and procedures.
- Developing and coordinating the claims information database and work with external providers to produce correct level of loss information reports on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Assisting and developing the group risk management and loss reduction strategy.
- Assisting in the delivery and development of the Group insurance renewal process.
- Providing additional administration support to the Group Risk Manager.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience within an in-house insurance team or similar, with past experience of working with insurers, brokers or other insurance functions. With a thorough understanding of employers liability claims handling, you will have service experience and knowledge of injury, disease claims, settlement and costs awards. With a key understanding of the importance of confidentiality, you will be computer literate particularly around the use of access and excel.
Key to this role is the ability to communicate and influence across all areas and levels of the business, you will therefore be an exceptional communicator and professional in your manner and approach.
In return you can expect a competitive salary and benefits package and the opportunity to work for a forward thinking, progressive organisation that recognises and rewards talent.
The closing date for this role is 9th October.
Please apply via this link